Housing in Scotland - Purchasing property
When buying a property, irrespective of however many offers we require to submit on your behalf before you are successful with a purchase, no charge is incurred by you until you are successful. And with our vast experience of property purchase, it shouldn't take long to secure your dream home!
We have an efficient Property Department working closely with the ESPC, S1 Hones & Rightmove.
Property, providing a great network through which to seek out suitable properties.
Buying a House in Scotland - A Quick Guide
Below is a short guide to the process of buying property in Scotland. It is highly recommended that you involve an experienced conveyancing solicitor to help ensure the process goes smoothly and all aspects of the purchase are dealt with legally and professionally. If you would like Lints to act as your property lawyer - simply get in touch here. We recommend you involve us as early on in the process as possible so that we can talk you through the process and ensure everything is set up correctly. Our services are based on a fixed fee, so it will not cost you any more to have our expert help from the start!
The Buying Process: -
- Set up a mortgage
- Noting interest - once you've found the property you want, we will contact the buyer on your behalf to state your interest in making an offer.
- Make the offer - there are a few different ways of going about making an offer which we can discuss with you. You will also need to consider at what point you would like a property survey to be conducted.
- Reaching an Agreement - The seller's solicitor will send us the relevant forms such as the Title Deeds which we will duly arrange to be registered with the Land Register.
- Transfer of Funds - Your lenders will be requested by the seller's solicitor to transfer the agreed funds.
- Stamp Duty - The transaction will be completed by the registering of the Title deeds and payment of stamp duty.